Saturday, January 29, 2011

Michael Krasny, an inspirational agnostic

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion."
- Abraham Lincoln.

From his longer NPR interview, Krasny says:

....have the courage to say to your children, 'I don't know' and let them find their own path, whatever that may be.

Nowadays many of the atheists are simply quite militant about their atheism and pretty certain about it as well.


---

http://www.religiondispatches.org/books/atheologies/3833/spiritual_envy%3A_michael_krasny%E2%80%99s_agnostic_quest/

And even in Stephen Hawking’s new book, he thinks he’s found answers now—he’s moved in a different direction, toward an atheism that was not clear in his previous work. It’s a jump, for maybe one of the greatest minds of our time. But I can’t continue or discontinue grappling with questions that are simply unanswerable. Okay, there was a Big Bang, but what was before it? There are mysteries on the earth that are impenetrable to us, let alone beyond our planet. So why not just accept? My dad used to say to me when I was a kid that sometimes you just have to say: I don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment